Monday, April 4, 2011

Trailer - MLB 11: THE SHOW Yankee Killer Trailer for PS2, PS3 and PSP

No, this is not a plug for MLB 11: The SHOW... (but you got to admit, that looks really sweet!) This is a preview of what is to come. Tonight, tomorrow night, Wednesday... heck, maybe even Thursday! The fact of the matter is, my Twins Rube-ness is extremely high today as we go to that ballpark in New York and try to win a couple games.
2 things about these 4 games in New York: 1. 3 games into the season, is it too early to call this series a must-win series? Yes. I think. With the way that the Yankees have made us their whipping boy for... ever... it seems as though there is a little bit more at stake then getting into season mode with this series. I know, I know, marathon not a sprint. (Those who know me know that I say that everytime we lose, and completely forget about it when I am celebrating a 4-3 win in Toronto to salvage 1 game against a Canadian baseball team -IALTO-) However, there is an overcoming that needs to take place this week in New York, and call me a homer, but I believe we are going to do it. 2. A lot has been said about how our hitting was less than average this past weekend in Toronto. But like a wise old man who loves doing infield drills once said (I'm talking about Tom Kelly), and then said over and over again after that, "It all comes down to pitching and defense." The Twins need to make pitches in big spots, and refrain from any crooked numbers that may sneak their way on to the scoreboard. Along with that, it seems as though the Twins get so focused on trying to match the Yankees swing for swing that they forget about the TWINS forte - defense... and pitching... but I'm talking about defense right now. Little things - hitting the cutoff, getting the lead runner, not throwing the ball around. Oh yeah, and making a play every once in a while. That is what our beloved nine has lacked (along with the bats, I know) against this "Evil Empire" over the past decade. We're not a small market team. We're not David taking on Goliath. It's 2 teams going head-to-head in a 4 game series, and may the best team win! But let me remind myself more than you, there are 159 (or 160, I can't remember if we're just supposed to play that many games now) games left in this season. It's a marathon not a sprint. But man would I like to give a flat tire to that guy that always beats me in this race, figuratively speaking. Go Twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment